JammedUp News

News

Suge Knight Loses Appeal To Ease Prison Restrictions

April 7, 2015  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Suge Knight Loses Appeal To Ease Prison Restrictions

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

The Court of Appeals in California has denied Marion Suge Knight’s emergency appeal to ease prison restrictions. His attorney filed the written appeal last week.

Knight, 49, is being held on $25 million bail for the hit and run murder of Terry Carter in a Compton parking lot.

Authorities won a sealed protective order limiting The Death Row Records founder’s contact with anyone on the outside world, according to his lawyer, Matthew Fletcher.

Fletcher accuses Prosecutors of compromising Knight’s rights. The attorney said they had restricted his use of the phone and constrained visits from family members or legal experts working on his defense.

California appellate law expert Dennis Fischer said in an interview, “the alleged restrictions with regards of expert witnesses is entirely unprecedented.”

“Who knows how prosecutors presented this case,” said Fischer.

Knight has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Carter.
Prosecutors claimed Knight intentionally mowed down two victims Cle “Bone” Sloan and Carter in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers on Jan. 29.

The judge has scheduled a preliminary hearing for next week.

Get the latest news from the world of crime