JammedUp News

News

Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Bruce Jenner By Family of the Victim Killed During Feb. 7th Fatal Car Wreck

May 2, 2015  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Bruce Jenner By Family of the Victim Killed During Feb. 7th Fatal Car Wreck

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

A wrongful death lawsuit was filed on Friday against Bruce Jenner for his involvement in the fatal February car wreck in Malibu that took the life of a 69-year-old widow.

The two adult step-children of the victim, Kimberly Howe, brought the suit against Jenner. Dana Redmond and William Howe are accusing the 65-year-old former Olympic gold medalist of being reckless and negligent when he smashed into the back of Howe’s white Lexus sedan.

The sheer force of the crash sent the Lexus into opposite lane of traffic, causing it to collide head-on into a Hummer

The suit claims the Feb. 7th accident, which caused the death of Kimberly Howe, has led the family to suffer massive financial damages and losses. In addition the step-children claim they had to sustain the loss of “love, affection” and “financial support” Howe provided them.

The step-children describe themselves in the lawsuit as being financially dependent on Howe and have had to incur numerous bills and out of pocket losses to cover the damages, to their great detriment.”

The family seeks over $25,000 in damages to cover the financial loss.

“Kim Howe was the step-mother to Dana Redmond and William Howe for approximately 40 years. Even after their father’s death ten years ago, Dana and William continued to have a close relationship with Ms. Howe,” the siblings’ attorney said in a statement.

“So far, no one has accepted responsibility for the collision that resulted in Ms. Howe’s death. Her children feel an obligation to bring the truth to light and seek justice for Ms. Howe. This lawsuit is the only tool at their disposal that gives them the ability to do so.”

The family blames Jenner for their loss and accuses the soon to be transitioning to a woman reality star, of violating the “rules of the road and speeding.”

Police initially suspected Jenner of texting at the time of the accident, but the claims were proven to be untrue. Additionally, law enforcement sources told the New York Daily News in April that Jenner was driving under the limit at 38 mph and not speeding as he is being accused of doing.

Jenner’s attorneys have not commented on the pending lawsuit

Get the latest news from the world of crime