JammedUp News

News

Narco message by legendary drug trafficker threatens new drug war in Ciudad Juarez

July 11, 2016  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Narco message by legendary drug trafficker threatens new drug war in Ciudad Juarez

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

A narco manta with a chilling message discovered Monday morning has raised fears violence is on the verge of returning to the border city of Ciudad Juarez once referred to as ‘The Murder Capital of the World.”

According to Proceso, the message, addressed to the state attorney general, Jorge Gonzalez Nicolas, threatened to ” start fresh and clean up” this border town and was allegedly signed by Rafael Caro Quintero, often referred to as the “Narco of Narcos.”

The sign was discovered on a chain link fence at the intersection of Sierra Leone and the Ural Mountains in the La Cuesta neighborhood of Ciudad Juarez.

The expletive-filled message written in Spanish went on to warn the Attorney General and his staff to resign from their posts, “Start clean in Juarez. I give it a week and elements Gonzalez Nicolas collaborators to ask low or if not I’ll smash motherf*****s. Sincerely Caro Quintero. “Keep f*****g Nicholas.”

The narcomanta found in Juarez. Photo: Taken from Twitter

The narco manta found in Juarez. Photo: Taken from Twitter

Quintero co-founded the Guadalajara cartel, which controlled drug trafficking in Mexico during the 80’s until his arrest and subsequent incarceration for the 1985 murder of U.S. DEA agent Enrique ‘KiKi’ Camarena.

After serving 28 years of a 40-year sentence, the cartel leader was released from prison in 2013 on a “legal technicality,” angering U.S. authorities.

Following the capture of ‘El Chapo,’ evidence now suggests the 63-year-old drug trafficker seeks to re-establish control of the territories he had before his arrest.

Since Caro Quintero’s dubious release from prison he has forged alliances with criminal groups such as the Beltran Leyva Organization, elements of Los Zetas and the Jalisco New Generation Cartel with the intentions of going to war against the Sinaloa Cartel.

Last week Gonzalez Nicolas revealed military intelligence, suggesting the drug kingpin seeks to take over the Juarez corridor, which is vital for the trafficking of narcotics into the U.S.

“It has been established (there is a) the possibility of an invasion of Chihuahua by one of the most famous drug traffickers in the country: Rafael Caro Quintero,” González Nicolás told reporters on Tuesday.

“We have obtained information that he (Caro Quintero) wants to come to Juárez and fight for the plaza against the Sinaloa Cartel,” González Nicolás added.

The threat of a hostile takeover by Caro Quintero has raised fears of another surge in violence similar to what occurred in Juarez a few years ago, officials said.

The Attorney General said, as a result, officials have reinforced security, placed state police units on high alert and are coordinating efforts with military and federal police to prevent a resurgence of the same drug violence that once plagued Ciudad Juárez.

However, despite the enhanced efforts, there were still 15 execution-style murders within the first six days of July alone.

The Sinaloa Cartel led by Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman took control of the Juarez drug plaza, a term used to describe a drug trafficking route, after a brutal five-year war with the Juarez cartel that claimed the lives of 10,000 people.

Violence has also recently spiked in Guzman’s home state of Sinaloa.

Dozens of gunmen attacked the town of La Tuna and surrounding villages in the municipality of Badiraguato, the birthplace of Guzman, on June 11th, killing several people and displacing hundreds of families, who reportedly fled to the state capital of Culiacan.

Proceso cited Alfonso Duarte Múgica, a top Mexican military commander, who blamed the attack on the Beltran-Leyva Organization (BLO), under the specific orders of Alfredo Beltran Guzman, the son of imprisoned drug lord Alfredo Beltran Leyva.

As JammedUp previously reported, Beltran Guzman, who ironically is the nephew of El Chapo has reportedly forged an alliance with Caro Quintero.

In the meantime, the re-emergence Caro Quintero has renewed efforts by U.S. authorities to capture the legendary drug kingpin.

According to El Debate, the U.S.  Government are offering a five million reward for anyone who provides information to help determine the whereabouts of Rafael Caro Quintero. Wanted posters with his image and the reward offered have again been posted across Texas cities, Phoenix, Arizona, and southern California.

Get the latest news from the world of crime