JammedUp News

News

Mexican model Tracy Saenz files for injunction against arrest for appearing in controversial Gerardo Ortiz video

July 26, 2016  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Mexican model Tracy Saenz files for injunction against arrest for appearing in controversial Gerardo Ortiz video

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Attorneys for Mexican model Tracy Saenz have filed an injunction in an attempt to prevent their client from receiving any possible detention order stemming from her involvement with grupero singer Gerard Ortiz’s controversial video “Fuiste Mía” or ‘You Were Mine.”

The music video, which depicts Ortiz shooting his girlfriend’s lover, then placing the woman, played by Saenz, inside the trunk of a car before setting it ablaze.

The portrayal of violence generated a firestorm of outrage by many women’s groups and prompted the Mexican Attorney General to bring charges against the singer for inciting criminal acts.

As JammedUp News previously reported, police arrested the California-born Ortiz at the Guadalajara Airport as he arrived off a flight on July 17th.

109821_35a3f583fe

Outraged women’s rights groups argued Gerardo Ortiz’s video ‘You Were Mine” promoted violence against women.

As a result, Saenz filed for an Amparo appeal in the Federal Court in Tijuana, Baja California Sur, seeking an injunction preventing any possible arrest order against the curvaceous beauty. However, her attorneys didn’t say whether the court filing was a result of the investigation into the video or for some other legal matter.

According to La Opinion, the native of Sinaloa has denied any wrongdoing and came to the defense of Ortiz in a recent interview saying that prosecuting the singer “won’t end the violence that exists in Mexico.”

“I have not received any official order from the prosecution. I was only an actress in the video, (I) only acted and had nothing to do with what they are saying, it only involves Gerardo,” Saenz said.

The model added, “It’s only a music video, he (Ortiz) does not deserve for a video ruin his entire career. I think it would be best for the authorities to work on real cases of violence that happen across Mexico and not trying to end the career of an artist who has worked hard to devote his life to get ahead (legitimately).”

Attorneys for the Mexican bombshell filed an Amparo appeal any possible arrest warrant

Attorneys for the Mexican bombshell filed an Amparo appeal against any possible arrest warrant

Although the crime is not considered serious, Ortiz could still face up anywhere from one to six months in prison, which would be the least of his problems.

As reported by JammedUp News, the Mexican Attorney General’s Office (PGR) has also opened a new line of inquiry into possible money laundering allegations stemming from the singer’s use of an estate in Zapopan, Jalisco, where filming for the video took place. The property is allegedly owned by a top figure in the ruthless Jalisco New Generation drug Cartel.

After his arrest, Otiz came out and apologized for the video during a press conference in Culiacan, Mexico last week.

“I want to apologize to anyone, especially women, who have been offended over the video ‘Fuiste Mia,’” a contrite Ortiz said.

He added, “It was a video that wasn’t made with the objective of coming to this. I also want to apologize to all organizations who defend women’s rights. I want to thank all my fans, all who’ve been worried about this news. I hope to resolve my legal issues, and hopefully, I’ll be able to come back and sing in Jalisco.”

Get the latest news from the world of crime