JammedUp News


NYC Google employee murdered while jogging, was sexually assaulted and body burned by attacker

August 8, 2016  |  Posted by: Francesca Falzarano
NYC Google employee murdered while jogging, was sexually assaulted and body burned  by attacker

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Police have launched an investigation after a New York City woman employed at Google was brutally murdered while running in Massachusetts this past weekend.

The New York Daily News reported that 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte was last seen on Sunday afternoon while visiting her family in Princeton, Massachusetts.

At approximately 1 p.m., family members said Marcotte went out for a jog, and never came home. Officers discovered her body in the woods just before 8:30 p.m., approximately half a mile away from her family’s residence.

A source told Boston’s Fox25 detectives are currently looking investigating the possibility that the young woman was brutally raped and then had her body set on fire by her attacker.

Joseph Early, Jr., the District Attorney for Worcester County, said at a news conference: “We have a horrible set of facts, a horrible set of circumstances right here now.”

“We don’t have a motive and don’t know if this was a random act. We are asking residents of Princeton and surrounding areas to use an abundance of caution,” he added.

Additionally, Early noted that there is “nothing at this point” connecting Marcotte’s death to the mysterious murder of Karina Vetrano, the female jogger who was slain in Queens last week.

Fox25 quoted Michelle Powers, the Princeton Police Chief, who stated that this was the area’s first homicide in almost 30 years.

Police so far have made no arrests in the case and have not revealed whether they had any suspects and 

Marcotte was employed at Google as a healthcare account manager since January 2015. She obtained her degree from Boston University back in 2011 and has since worked at Wordstream and Vistaprint in Massachusetts, before relocating to New York City.

Relatives in Massachusetts refused to comment. However, one individual, a 94-year-old woman, who did not provide her name, simply said: “We’ve had enough sadness.”

Get the latest news from the world of crime