JammedUp News

News

Sons of El Chapo issues public letter denying involvement in deadly ambush on military convoy

October 15, 2016  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Sons of El Chapo issues public letter denying involvement in deadly ambush on military convoy

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

A letter signed by the children of Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman publically denying any involvement in the deadly attack on a military convoy in Sinaloa, which killed five soldiers last month was released to a media outlet in Mexico.

As JammedUp News previously reported, over 50 heavily armed men attacked a military convoy escorting an ambulance transporting an injured high-ranking Sinaloa cartel operative identified as Oscar Ortiz Julio Vega, alias “Kevin.”

Immediately after the attack, top government officials publically accused the sons of El Chapo for perpetrating the deadly ambush.

As a result, the Mexican military has deployed the same special forces unit, which tracked down and captured the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel back in January, to hunt down his sons.

Contents of the letter, which was provided to El Universal by Jose Refugio Rodriguez-Nunez, the lawyer for El Chapo, was translated by JammedUp News.

The eldest son of “El Chapo,” who is believed to have assumed a leadership position within the Sinaloa Cartel, reiterated that he and his brother, Alfredo Guzman Salazar, maintains neither he or his brother had any involvement behind the September 30th’s ambush in Culiacan.

He also denied they used social media networks to send messages regarding the attack and called on the Mexican government to ignore alleged accounts claiming to belong to them. “We urge officials to stop playing into the hands of whoever is already handling the miscues, do not believe the messages published on these accounts.”

Additionally, the letter states to “post messages in such a manner would be a mockery of the institutions of Mexican and foreign intelligence as electronic media are easily traceable.”

“We have never fought against the government nor would we want to; it would be practically digging our own graves. We know that firsthand,” Ivan Guzman said.

The young capo added: “They (law enforcement) know firsthand through the application of the high level of intelligence that can be utilized by the Mexican government, through the Armed Forces. For without the use of this intelligence, it would not have been possible to arrest our father,” they said.

The letter continued:

“We, therefore, urge authorities to ensure the same means are used to apprehend the real culprits and seek justice for those affected.”

“Ivan Archivaldo and Jesus Alfredo, both surnamed Guzman Salazar, disclaim the slaughter which occurred against the military personnel on the 30th of September this year in Culiacan, Sinaloa.

“We categorically reject accusations of having participated or ordered the attack with the apparent purpose of the rescuing of a person who we neither know nor has a blood bond that unites us.”

“Not knowing why military authorities have involved us, providing erroneous statements to media which make direct accusations against us, this despite having insider information, as well as access to highly sophisticated spy equipment valued at millions of dollars, would provide full assurances of our innocence in these particular facts.”

carta-chapitos

Get the latest news from the world of crime