JammedUp News

News

Ongoing Military operations in Sinaloa, Mexico leads to massive seizures

October 24, 2016  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Ongoing Military operations in Sinaloa, Mexico leads to massive seizures

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Authorities in Mexico continue to ramp up pressure on suspected drug traffickers, launching raids in the state of Sinaloa in the wake of a deadly ambush on a military convoy last month.

As JammedUp News previously reported, more than 50 purported gunmen attacked an army convoy transporting an reputed Sinaloa Cartel operator in northern Culiacan, on Sept 30th, killing ten soldiers and wounding another ten.

At a press conference on Saturday, the Attorney General of Mexico PGR, SEIDO, Gustavo Salas, along with top military officials announced seizure of assets as a result of several recent operations in the towns of Paredones and Mirasoles.

img-20161022-wa0054.jpg_304673813

img-20161022-wa0051.jpg_304673813

img-20161022-wa0063.jpg_1181977430

img-20161022-wa0059.jpg_1181977430

The press conference was also attended by the commander of the Ninth Military Zone, Rogelio Teran, Francisco Lima of the Fourth Naval Zone, and an official with the Sinaloa State Attorney General’s Office.

According to Sales, authorities had identified the group responsible for the attack on the military, the total number of people involved, and have determined a clear motive for the ambush.

The top official at SEIDO said investigators conducted 174 interviews, 40 inspections, made 41 reports to ministerial police and analyzed videos of the Sept. attack on file by various telecommunication experts.

Sales said since Oct 5th, military operations have intensified in the so-called Golden Triangle, which encompasses the states of Sinaloa, Durango, and Chihuahua, resulting in the destruction of 2,000 marijuana and poppy plantations, seizing over 30 kilos of harvested marijuana, and three drug labs.

Authorities secured a large cache of high-powered weapons in the latest raids including a 50 caliber assault weapon, two 30 caliber machine guns, three 50 caliber rifles, 93 assault rifles, two 40 caliber grenade launcher attachments, thirty 40 caliber grenades and more than 80, 000 rounds of ammunition.

Additionally, Salas said among the assets seized include ranch properties, cash, armored trucks, tractors, motorcycles, various exotic animals, El Debate reported.

img-20161022-wa0042.jpg_304673813 (1)

img-20161022-wa0061.jpg_595018450

img-20161022-wa0041.jpg_304673813

Authorities initially accused Ivan and Alfredo Guzman Salazar, the sons of Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, for the attack.

However, Mexican law enforcement officials recently revealed that investigators had shifted their focus to Aureliano Guzman Salazar, alias “El Guano” the brother of “El Chapo,” as the prime suspect behind the attack.

As a result, the Mexican government has made the  capture of  “El Guano” one of its top objectives.

Get the latest news from the world of crime