JammedUp News


Drunk U.S. Federal Marshal arrested for pointing gun at McDonald’s cashier in Brooklyn

December 19, 2016  |  Posted by: Francesca Falzarano
Drunk U.S. Federal Marshal arrested for pointing gun at McDonald’s cashier in Brooklyn Getty Images

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

An irritable U.S. Federal Marshal he whipped out a loaded gun and pointed it at a terrified cashier and customers inside of a Brooklyn McDonalds after he got tired of waiting in line, cops revealed on Sunday.

Drunken off-duty Deputy Marshal Charles Brown floundered into the fast-food restaurant in Bay Ridge just before 1:30 a.m. Saturday and quickly started trouble.

The man started yelling at the cashier, 41-year-old Joanna Diaz, about the long wait for his food.

Brown then reportedly drew his loaded service weapon and pointed it at Diaz before pointing his gun at other terrified customers.

The U.S. Federal Marshal approached a 21-year-old man behind him in line who tried to defend the cashier, the New York Post reported.

As McDonald’s employees frantically called 911, Brown’s order was ready, and he paid for his food and then left, The New York Post reported.

Officers who responded to the scene searched the area and discovered the 30-year-old suspect in the street. He was taken into custody and was hit with a slew of charges, including harassment, menacing, and violating firearm license regulations.

Heather Polamis, 35, who was purchasing food at the restaurant on Sunday, said she found the occurrence so terrifying that she may stop going to that location.

“You can’t go anywhere today without something happening,” she said.

Another customer, Margaret Johnson, said she assumed that the man just “snapped.”

“Marshals are under a lot of pressure,” the 74-year-old stated. “They’re under a lot of stress. They risk their lives every day.”

Brown was arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court, where a judge granted an order of protection on behalf of the McDonald’s and Diaz. He was later released without bail.

Get the latest news from the world of crime