JammedUp News

News

First of three men sentenced to 45 years for 2013 murder of Chicago rapper Leonard “L.A. Capone” Anderson

December 24, 2016  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
First of three men sentenced to 45 years for 2013 murder of Chicago rapper Leonard “L.A. Capone” Anderson

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

A judge sentenced the first of three men, accused in the 2013 fatal shooting death of rapper Leonard “L.A. Capone” Anderson outside of a recording studio on Chicago’s South Side, to 45 years in prison.

According to Fox News32, 25-year-old Meiko Buchanan, who pleaded guilty to two counts of murder on November 2nd, was handed the 45-year prison term by Judge Maura Slattery Boyle.

Leonard “L.A. Capone” Anderson was just 17-years-old when he was shot multiple times in the lower back and thigh after leaving a recording studio on September 26th, 2013. He died a short time later.

Police said Anderson had known gang affiliations and his mother, Dedra Morris, told the Chicago Sun-Times he was previously shot.

Prosecutors said Michael Mays, 21, and Sakhee Hardy-Johnson, 17, admitted to investigators they operated a vehicle responsible for running interference if “police arrived on scene.”

Buchanan’s murder charge stems from his role in driving a “tail car,” a vehicle meant to separate a lead car carrying a gunman, prosecutors said.

Buchanan told detectives he watched the gunman creep up on Anderson and open fire using either .40 or .45 caliber handgun.

On November 2nd, Judge Slattery Boyle sentenced Buchanan to 45 years in prison, according to court records.

The judge credited Buchanan with 802 days of time served in the Cook County Jail and ordered him to serve three years of supervised release.

Hardy-Johnson is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, while Mays will appear on February 6th.

Get the latest news from the world of crime