JammedUp News


Isaac Infante killed young son after he walked in on him murdering former teacher-turned lover

December 29, 2016  |  Posted by: Francesca Falzarano
Isaac Infante killed young son after he walked in on him murdering former teacher-turned lover

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Isaac Infante killed young son after boy walked in on the crime scene.

Isaac Infante, the New York City man who admitted to murdering his former high school teacher-turned-lover in her Harlem residence, allegedly strangled their 4-year-old child after he walked in on the crime scene.

Little Miguel Barahona was using the bathroom when an enraged Isaac Infante brutally Felicia Barahona. He was standing over her body when the little boy came out, according to sources.

Duran then strangled his son to death and placed the boy’s lifeless body into the bathtub before leaving the apartment during the rampage that took place on the December 22nd.

“The defendant detailed the taking of a cord and taking it to (Barahona’s) neck until she turned blue and the life drained from her body,” Assistant District Attorney, Nicole Blumberg, stated. “The unsuspecting child had no idea that he would be the defendant’s next victim.”

Infante confessed to killing Felicia Barahona, his former teacher at Dewitt Clinton High School and their 4-year-old son, Miguel Barahona. (FACEBOOK)

The 23-year-old killer is facing two counts of first-degree murder in the double-killing. He confessed to entering the apartment with the intention of executing his ex-lover, The New York Daily News reported.

He was ordered to be held without bail following the hearing.

Infante and Barahona were involved in an intimate relationship while Infante was a student in high school and she was his teacher. She gave birth to their child in August 2012.

Her body, which had a phone cord wrapped around her throat, was discovered four days later on Monday. Infante was charged the next day.

Isaac Infante, 23, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder. (JEFFERSON SIEGEL/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

The superintendent of Barahona’s apartment detected a stench seeping from her apartment on Monday and went out on the fire escape to look inside.

He noticed the 36-year-old on the floor and called authorities. Police found her body first and then discovered her son face down in the bathtub.

Ten people had called 911 about the terrible stench, sources indicated.

Infante left the door of the apartment unlocked when he left on Monday morning.

Infante, of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, was angry over how she was raising Miguel, police sources said. He is seen here being led him out of the 30th Precinct in West Harlem

The suspect was caught on security footage from a neighboring apartment both arriving Sunday night and then leaving approximately three hours later.

He returned home, to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, after the murders.

Infante turned himself into authorities after his sister, Elizabeth, showed police a picture of him in a red hooded sweatshirt — the same one he wore to the apartment.

According to police, Infante was enraged about paying child support for the boy that fathered back when he was a student in the woman’s science class at DeWitt Clinton High School in the Bronx.

Sources also indicated that he was also mad because Barahona fed their child fast food rather than cooking him meals, and admitted to knocking her to the ground before strangling her with the cord.

Get the latest news from the world of crime