JammedUp News


Brooklyn man used wood saw to hack up his wife’s corpse before dumping her remains

February 19, 2017  |  Posted by: Francesca Falzarano
Brooklyn man used wood saw to hack up his wife’s corpse before dumping her remains

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

A Brooklyn man allegedly murdered his wife and used a wood saw to dismember her body into pieces before throwing her remains into a dumpster.

Phillip Martin, 42, lived with the corpse for six days in the couple’s apartment in Prospect Lefferts Gardens before he used a hammer and saw to cut up 43-year-old Diana Rodriguez-Martin’s body.

Her relatives noticed she was missing when she didn’t show up for a doctor’s appointment on February 8th. They contacted her husband, who said she had moved out with the couple’s dog on January 16th, The New York Daily News reported.

Martin confessed to punching Rodriguez-Martin to death on Jan. 12, chopping her up and dumping the body six days later. (GARDINER ANDERSON/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

Rodriguez-Martin’s concerned aunt Alba Reyes reported her missing to police on Monday. She told authorities that she either talked or texted with her niece at least once a week but had not heard from Rodriguez-Martin in seven weeks.

Detectives found that Martin was using his wife’s credit cards after she disappeared.

When police questioned him, he reportedly confessed to punching Rodriguez-Martin to death on January 12th, cutting her up and dumping the remains six days after the incident.

Phillip Martin confessed to dismembering his wife Diana Rodriguez-Martin with a wooden saw, then disposing of her body parts in a dumpster.

The man was charged with murder and concealment of a human corpse.

Authorities were dispatched to the couple’s home eight times in recent years to respond to domestic violence complaints.

He was arrested twice before for allegedly attacking his wife.

Rodriguez-Martin had also been arrested twice for attacking her husband.

A judge ordered the man to remain in custody without bail after a short arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court on Friday night.

Get the latest news from the world of crime