JammedUp News

News

Aaron Hernandez ask prison officials permission to share cell with alleged jailhouse lover

April 26, 2017  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Aaron Hernandez ask prison officials permission to share cell with alleged jailhouse lover

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

An attorney revealed that last year, Aaron Hernandez asked prison officials to allow his alleged jailhouse lover to be his cell mate.

Lawrence Army Jr., the attorney for 22-year-old Kyle Kennedy, made the revelation to the Daily Mail, and indicated that the former NFL star made the request last September to “officials at the Souza-Baranowski Corrections Center.”

“Aaron Hernandez submitted the request to the prison that my client, Kyle Kennedy, be allowed as his cellmate,” said Amy Jr., a managing partner of the Boston law firm Army & Roche.

Attorney for Kyle Kennedy claims Hernandez had requested to the prison that his client be his cellmate

Army’s disclosure came in the wake of Hernandez’s death last week after prison officials found him hanging in his cell.

Aaron Hernandez reportedly left three suicide notes to his wife, daughter, and Kennedy, his alleged lover who is believed to have been the last person to see the former Patriots tight end alive.

“If he was going to be in with someone else, why not Aaron Hernandez?” Army stated.

The attorney added that prison officials initially approved Hernandez’s cellmate request, but the prison’s superintendent ultimately decided he shouldn’t share a cell with another inmate.

Kennedy is serving a 3-5 year sentence for a robbing a convenience store at knifepoint in Northbridge, Massachusetts back in 2015.

The former New England Patriot, who was serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, was alone in a cell built for two and wanted company, said Kennedy’s lawyer

Army added that neither he or Kennedy have seen the suicide note but will request that the letter be turned over to his client.

José Baez, Hernandez’s lawyer, vehemently denied the assertions, insisting that the “rumors of a letter to a gay lover, in or out of prison, are false.”

Meanwhile, twelve members of the jury, who recently found Aaron Hernandez not guilty of a double murder days before his suicide, received invitations to attend Monday’s private funeral service in Bristol, Conn.

“I was invited, but I decided ultimately not to go,” Robert Monroe told the Boston Herald.

Additionally, defense attorneys on Tuesday filed a motion requesting the dismissal of Hernandez’s first-degree murder conviction for the 2013 killing of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

Under Massachusetts state law, a conviction can be vacated in the event of a defendant’s death would occur during the appeal process, as was the case with Aaron Hernandez.

Get the latest news from the world of crime