JammedUp News

News

Mexican drug lord Juan Carlos Nava Valencia pleads guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court

June 22, 2017  |  Posted by: JammedUp Staff
Mexican drug lord Juan Carlos Nava Valencia  pleads guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Mexican drug lord Juan Carlos Nava Valencia “El Tigre” Valencia appeared in Brooklyn Federal Court where he pled guilty to a drug trafficking and murder indictment on Tuesday.

Standing before U.S. District Court Judge William F. Kuntz, Nava Valencia pleaded guilty to heading a continuing criminal enterprise responsible for the trafficking thousands of kilograms of cocaine into the U.S. and also admitted to his role in hundreds of murders.

“I have participated directly or indirectly in more than 300 homicides,” Valencia said through a translator.

According to court documents, beginning in 1990, the cartel kingpin led the “Millennium Cartel” and “La Resistencia” also referred to as “Nava Valencia DTO,” which transported vast amounts of narcotics using various methods, including by land, air, and sea.

In his statement to the court, Nava Valencia said he directly oversaw the manufacturing, distribution, and shipment of cocaine destined for the U.S. market, The Brooklyn Daily Eagle reported.

The brother of “El Tigre” Valencia Óscar Nava Valencia testified last week during drug trafficking trial in Texas 

“From 1997 to 2015, I agreed with other people to distribute thousands of kilograms to other parts of the South America knowing that this would illegally end up in U.S.,” he said.

Federal prosecutors said the conspiracy transported over 100,000 kilograms of cocaine from South America through Central America, Mexico and into the U.S. since 1997.

Court documents detail how the criminal organization colluded with other Mexican Cartels, including the Sinaloa Cartel, Mexico’s largest organized crime group in the trafficking of cocaine.

The judge scheduled a pre-sentencing hearing for December.

Mexican authorities arrested Juan Carlos Nava Valencia in May 2010, and his brother, Oscar Orlando Nava Valencia, “El Lobo,” in January 2011, both were later extradited to the United States.

Testimony provided by “El Lobo” Valencia helped secure the conviction of another head of a Tamaulipas drug trafficking network, last week in San Antonio Federal Court.

Reymundo Villarreal Arelis was subsequently found guilty of money laundering, conspiracy, and drug distribution in San Antonio Federal Court, thanks in part to the testimony provided by Oscar Orlando Nava Valencia, who hopes with his cooperation could shorten his 25-year prison sentence.

The arrests of the Nava-Valencia brothers and the 2010 death of Sinaloa Cartel Capo Nacho Coronel, would see the remaining remnants of the Millenium Cartel eventually give rise to the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, who are currently the most feared criminal organization operating in Mexico.

Get the latest news from the world of crime