JammedUp News

News

Charlie Sheen sues National Enquirer for defamation over Corey Haim rape allegations

December 12, 2017  |  Posted by: Francesca Falzarano
Charlie Sheen sues National Enquirer for defamation over Corey Haim rape allegations

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Charlie Sheen filed a lawsuit against the National Enquirer for an article it published last month reporting that he raped then 13-year-old Corey Haim while shooting the film “Lucas” in 1986 when Sheen was 19, TMZ reported.

Charlie Sheen filed a suit against National Enquirer’s executive Dylan Howard and actor Dominick Brascia, who alleges in the story that Haim informed of him the incident, for defamation and false light.

“In my 35 years as a celebrated entertainer, I have been nothing shy of a forthright, noble and valiant courier of truth. Consistently admitting and owning a list of shortcomings and indiscretions this traveler hath traveled — however, every man has a breaking point,” Sheen said.

“These groundless and unfounded allegations end now,” he added. “I take a passionate stand against those who wish to entertain the sick and twisted lies against me. GAME OVER.”

In the article, Brascia said the star told him that the two smoked marijuana and had anal sex — accusations that both Sheen and Haim’s mother denied.

In a statement, Sheen’s representatives said he “categorically denies these allegations.”

The late Haim’s mother told Dr. Oz that Sheen did not assault her son, but someone else did.

The “Two and a Half Men” actor also alleged in the suit that Howard is out to get him because he didn’t get to break the news that Sheen had tested positive for HIV.

Get the latest news from the world of crime