JammedUp News

News

Boxer Victor Ortiz charged with forcible rape

September 27, 2018  |  Posted by: Michael Falzarano
Boxer Victor Ortiz charged with forcible rape

Are you in a legal jam? Find a Lawyer, Bail Bondsman or Private Investigator on JammedUp.

Boxing star Victor Ortiz indicted on forcible rape charges

Boxing stareVictor Ortiz was arrested on rape charges after surrendering to authorities in California.

former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant turned himself into the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department on Tuesday.

Oxnard police officials said the arrest stems for a months-long investigation into an alleged sexual assault, ” target=”_blank”>ABC13 reported.

According to reports, police initiated the probe after a female victim reported an alleged sexual assault involving the 31-year-old Ortiz that occurred inside an Oxnard home back on March 19th.

Prosecutors ultimately presented the findings before a grand jury, which handed down the indictment and a warrant was subsequently issued for Ortiz’s arrest.

According to a press release from the Oxnard Police Department, the indictment charges Victor Ortiz with three counts of sexual assault including forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, and forcible digital penetration.

The former WBC welterweight champion was released from custody after posting a $100,000 bail.

The criminal charges are a devastating blow to the boxer’s career, who was scheduled to face John Molina Jr. Saturday night in Ontario.

Molina Jr. voiced his disappointment during a video statement announcing the fight had been canceled.

“All right guys, bad news … the fight has officially been canceled obviously due to uncontrollable circumstances from Team Ortiz. Team Molina was ready. To all my friends, family and fans that were ready to see me get down on Sunday, I’ll be in the house still, but I apologize,” Molin Jr. said.

Get the latest news from the world of crime